Solar panels are a great choice for many homes. They’re easy to install and provide clean energy, but are solar panels worth it? This guide will help you decide whether solar panels are for you. Here’s what we’ll cover:
The best time to install solar panels
Solar panels are best installed in the summer, but not necessarily in July or August. The optimal installation time is between June and September. This is when solar energy is at its peak, so you’re going to get the most bang for your buck with this type of energy source. It’s also true that heating systems don’t have as much use during those months. It’s not as hot out there (or if they do, they can use air conditioning).
How to install solar panels
Installing solar panels on your roof can be a cost-effective way of generating electricity and reducing your energy bills. However, you should consider how much money you’ll save before deciding whether solar panels are worth it for you.
Solar panels are made up of photovoltaic cells that convert sunlight directly into electricity. The size of the solar panel is measured in watts (W), which indicates how much power they produce. The more watts a panel has, the more efficient it will be at converting sunlight into power.
A typical domestic array will contain between two and six kilowatts (kW) worth of panels depending on how big your roof is and how much energy you need to generate for yourself or for export back into the national grid. To find out if installing solar panels is right for you, contact your local council or get in contact with us so we can advise you.
Once you have decided you want solar panels, you will need to get in contact with a solar panel installation company and your energy provider. They will do all of the work and make sure they are maintained.
The cost of installing solar panels
The cost of solar panels is a relatively good price for what you get. Especially since most households break even between 10 and 14 years. This makes solar panels a great investment.
There are also maintenance costs associated with solar panel installation; these include cleaning the panels regularly (every 2-3 years). Also, every 10 years or so, damaged parts need replacing. The good news is that these costs should be factored into any quote from an installer before signing on the dotted line or making any big purchases. Moreover, many solar companies will offer warranties on new equipment that covers repair or replacement during this time period. Additionally, they will provide more support to homeowners who have questions about how their systems work once everything’s installed.
Why you should install solar panels
Solar panels are a great investment for many reasons. They have been proven to reduce your carbon footprint and save you money on electricity bills. All while making your home energy efficient. Solar panels can also increase the value of your home. It’s no wonder that solar panel installation is becoming increasingly popular!
Do solar panels need maintenance?
Solar panels do need to be maintained, but luckily for you, this isn’t much work.
The same business that installed the solar panels typically provides the annual servicing required to maintain the systems. The service will include checking all of your electrical connections and inverters (the part that turns DC power into AC). As well as cleaning off any dust or grime that might have been collected on your panels. If there are any problems with these aspects of your system, they’ll be fixed.
The only major maintenance required after installation is replacing the inverter after 10 years. However, there are some things that can happen between maintenance visits.
These could require a call to someone in order to fix them and they are:
- If a breaker trips while you’re using electricity from your solar panels (this happens occasionally). It will need resetting before being used again.
- If dirt or other material gets inside one of your electrical connections and blocks it up so all current can’t pass through it (this wouldn’t necessarily trip any breakers). Then this needs to be cleaned out before using electricity again.
Solar panels are a great choice for many homes.
Many people may be asking: are solar panels worth it? And we think that they are!
Here are some reasons why:
- Solar panels are an excellent way to save money. If you live in an area with strong sunlight and high electricity rates, solar panels are a great option! They could cut your monthly electric bill by 50%. That’s because solar panels produce clean energy that doesn’t burn fossil fuels or release greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. Unlike coal or natural gas. Plus, once installed on your roof, solar panels don’t need much maintenance. That is until their warranty period expires (which is typically between 10 and 20 years). You just enjoy the benefits of affordable electricity without any extra work!
- Solar panels are environmentally friendly too! They produce zero emissions during operation and they don’t require fuel to operate. This means they don’t contribute to air pollution like other power sources do (and they won’t cause global warming either!).
- Plus when it comes time to retire them there are several ways you can recycle them into something new. So no materials get wasted!
So, are solar panels worth it? 100%!
We hope this guide has helped you to understand how solar panels work. We also hope we have helped you decide whether they are the right choice for your home. Solar power is a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and save money on energy bills. Although, it does require some initial investment up front. We recommend getting quotes from several companies before making a decision.
That’s where Bright Utilities comes in! Our brokers could help you get the best deal for your situation. They are a dedicated team that could help you secure solar panels when you switch. We will scour the market for the best deals, ensuring you make savings.
Get in touch with us to see what savings you could make!